Online Banking Service Agreement/Disclosure
Toll-free telephone support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-866-900-6550. You may also contact customer service through "Contact Us" in the Message Center of Online Banking or you may send an electronic mail to email@example.com. This is not a secure email. Do not include personal information such as account numbers, social security numbers or any personally identifiable information. We generally respond to electronic mail within one business day of receipt.
Please print a copy of this disclosure to retain for your records
Processing days are Monday through Friday except for federal holidays. Federal holidays are generally those ten holidays observed by the Federal Reserve Bank. Transactions initiated on Saturday, Sunday or any federal holiday will be processed by Peoples National Bank on the next business day.
Transfers may be made between your Peoples National Bank accounts. All transfer relationships need to be setup by the bank prior to transfers being available. Our guaranteed processing cutoff time for transfers is 7pm CST.
You can use the Stop Payment Service to place a stop payment request for any check written on the account. (You cannot use this method to stop payment on transactions you have requested through any of the Online Banking Services.) When a stop payment request is made via Online Banking, this request shall be considered to be a written request and shall be effective for 6 months. Our guaranteed processing cutoff time for stop payments is 5pm CST. Stop Payments made after 5pm CST will be effective the next processing day. Standard stop payment fees apply to all Stop Payment Requests.
Termination of Service
For security purposes, Online Banking access may be terminated after 6 months of inactivity.
From time to time, maintenance must be completed for Online Banking. You may experience the inability to log into Online Banking due to maintenance on Sundays from 2am till 4am. Additionally, you may experience the inability to use Bill Payment on Thursdays from 1am till 3am. These timeframes are reserved for maintenance as needed.
- Your wireless carrier's standard messaging rates apply to SMS correspondence. Peoples National Bank does not charge for any content; however, downloadable content may incur additional charges from your wireless carrier. Please contact your wireless carrier for information about your messaging plan. Your carrier may impose message or charge limitations on your account that are outside of our control. All charges are billed by and payable to your Wireless Carrier.
- You represent that you are the owner, or authorized user of the wireless device you use to receive the service, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
- We will send you a message only once, and only with your explicit agreement as indicated by your continuation of the process flow.
- We will not be liable for any delays or failures in your receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator and processing by your mobile device. SMS message services are provided on an AS IS, AS AVAILABLE basis.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier's name, and the date, time, and content of your messages and other information that you may provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us, and to otherwise operate, develop, and improve the service. Your wireless carrier and other service providers may also collect data from your SMS usage, and their practices are governed by their own policies. We will only use the information you provide to the service to transmit your text message or as otherwise described in this document. Nonetheless, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide us information in connection with the service, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information.
- The service as well as the content and materials received through the service are proprietary to us and our licensors, and is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You shall not damage, impair, interfere with, or disrupt the service or its functionality.
- The service is available only in the United States.
- We reserve the right to alter charges and/or these terms and conditions from time to time. We may suspend or terminate the service to you if we believe you are in breach of our terms and conditions. Your service is also subject to termination in the event your wireless service terminates or lapses. We may discontinue the service at any time.
- If you have any questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. This is not a secure email. Do not include personal information such as account numbers, social security numbers or any personally identifiable information. We generally respond to electronic mail within one business day of receipt. You can also text the word HELP to 32858 to get additional information about the service. If you receive a message from us unexpectedly, you can text the word STOP to 32858. We do not charge for help or info messages; however, your normal carrier rates apply.
Bill Payment Service Agreement/Disclosure
Our Bill Payment Service through Online Banking is free if you make one Bill Payment per month. A $5.00 inactivity fee will be charged to your account if you do not pay at least one bill during the month. (waived the first 3 months after enrollment.) Peoples National Bank may change the above rates with at least 30 days prior notice. There is a fee of $9.95 for expedited electronic payment or $14.95 for overnight check.
You may electronically schedule payments in any amount not less than $1, or exceeding $24,999 through this system to any payee that generates a bill or invoice to you and that has an address. You may not make a payment of alimony, child support, taxes or other governmental fees or court directed payments through the system.
Expedited bill payments allows you to make an expedited payment to a payee. Depending on the recipient, payments may either be an electronic payment or an overnight check to the payee. For electronic transactions, delivery time may be same-day, next-day or later depending upon the time of day, the payee capabilities, and other factors. For overnight checks, payments initiated prior to the daily cutoff time will be delivered by the next business day.
Expedited electronic payments are available for a limited number of payees. Availability of expedited payment options will be limited based on biller capabilities, time of day, payment delivery mechanisms and other factors. Expedited overnight checks will be unavailable for delivery to PO Box addresses or locations in any foreign or U.S. territory outside of the contiguous 48 states and District of Columbia. The user is responsible for entering and verifying any address for overnight check payments to ensure it is correct and is specified as a valid overnight package address by the biller.
Due to the inherent need to expedite the payment, payment instructions will be processed and completed immediately upon submission of a request from a User. The User will not have the ability to edit or cancel the payment instructions after he has confirmed the payment request.
User Terms and Conditions
- User agrees to accurately follow product use instructions provided in the online help.
- User agrees to schedule bill payments (payment transaction date) at least five business days before the due date, not including any grace period.
- User agrees to provide correct payee name, address, account information and payment amounts.
- User agrees to maintain sufficient funds in funding account on the transaction date required. Before a payment is processed, we verify the balance of the funding account, including any funds from your Overdraft Arrangement. If the user does not have sufficient funds in the account on the date the payment is scheduled, the payment may be delayed or cancelled.
- User agrees to notify Peoples National Bank or its authorized agent no later than 60 days after User receives the first statement on which User believes a problem or error occurred.
- User acknowledges that Peoples National Bank or its authorized agent may require up to 45 days to investigate a complaint or question. Peoples National Bank or its authorized agent will use all reasonable efforts to resolve an issue within 3 business days. If an issue is reported orally, the User may be required to send the complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. If Peoples National Bank or its authorized agent needs more time, they will credit the User's account within 10 business days for the amount the User believes is in error. If we ask the User to put the complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit the account. If we determine there was no error, we will send a written explanation within 3 business days after the investigation is finished.
- This service may not be used to transmit alimony, child support or other court directed payments or tax payments.
People Pay Service Agreement/Disclosure
This People Pay Service Agreement/Disclosure supplements and constitutes a part of the Peoples National Bank Internet Banking Service Agreement/Disclosure and Bill Pay Service Agreement/Disclosure (the "Agreement"), and sets forth additional terms and conditions for use of the Peoples National Bank People Pay (the "Payment Service"). The Agreement remains in full force and effect and is supplemented by this People Pay Service Agreement/Disclosure. To the extent there is a conflict between the terms of the Agreement and this People Pay Service Agreement/Disclosure, the terms of the People Pay Service Agreement/Disclosure will govern your use of the Payment Service. Further, by enrolling in the Payment Service, you agree that the terms of this People Pay Service Agreement/Disclosure apply only to your use of People Pay and do not apply to other products, services, or transactions under the Internet Banking Agreement/Disclosure or any other Agreements you have entered into with Peoples National Bank (the "Bank").
Payment Service Introduction. People Pay is a fast and easy electronic person-to-person payment service that facilitates transfers between your account and any person or entity with an eligible financial institution account or PayPal® account. Additionally, you may receive funds through the Payment Service from a payment generated by another user of the Payment Service. In order to utilize the Payment Service, you must maintain an eligible funding account ("Account") and enrollment in the Peoples National Bank Internet Banking Service. An eligible funding account is an account with check-writing privileges that is linked and accessible via your Internet Banking account. Often this is the account you also utilize for the Bill Payment Service. You can facilitate a transfer ("Payment") to a person or entity ("Recipient") utilizing their financial institution information, mailing address, email address, or mobile telephone number.
Payment Service Authorization. You (the "Sender") authorize the Bank to follow Payment instructions we receive from you through the Payment Service when you provide us with the names, mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, or bank account information for Recipients to whom you wish to direct Payments. When we initiate processing of such Payments you have authorized through the Payment Service, you also authorize us to debit the Account for the amount of the Payment, plus any service fees in effect at the time the Payment instructions are received, and to remit funds to the Recipient as indicated in the Payment instructions.
The Bank is relying on information you provide when you enter Payment instructions. Any errors, including incorrect Recipient names, mailing addresses, email addresses, mobile telephone numbers, or bank or account number information, are your responsibility as the Sender, and the Bank does not confirm or verify the information you enter prior to sending the Payment.
Payment Criteria and Limitations. Payments made through the Payment Service are subject to the following criteria and limitations:
|Payment Methodology||Recipient Information Needed||Transaction Limit||Daily Limit||Debit to Sender's Account|
|Account-to-Account Transfer||Recipient's bank routing/transit and account numbers||$750||$1,500||Real-time, when Payment is authorized.|
|PayPal||Recipient's email address or mobile telephone number||$750||$1,500||Real-time, when Payment is authorized.|
|Recipient Chooses||Recipient's email address or mobile telephone number||$750||$1,500||When the Recipient claims the Payment.|
Payment Edits or Cancellation. Account-to-Account and PayPal Payments begin processing immediately after you click the button to submit the Payment and cannot be edited or canceled. For Recipient Chooses Payments, the Payment may be canceled if the Recipient has not claimed or picked up the Payment yet. Inquiries and requests to edit or cancel Payments should be directed to Customer Service at 1-866-900-6550, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please see the Electronic Funds Transfers – Your Rights and Responsibilities for complete information about your rights and responsibilities in facilitating Payments utilizing the Payment Service.
Claimed Payments. You will not receive a notification when a Payment has been claimed. However, Payment status can be confirmed by viewing the Outgoing Payments tab on the Peoples National Bank Internet Banking Service.
Declined and Expired Payments. If a Payment is declined by the Recipient, you will receive an email or text message notification from the Payment Service.
The following criteria apply to Payment expirations:
|Payment Methodology||Expiration Period|
|Account-to-Account Transfer||Payment happens in real-time and either succeeds or fails. No expiration.|
|PayPal||Payment happens in real-time and either succeeds or fails. No expiration. If the Recipient does not have and does not open a PayPal account, the PayPal Payment must be permitted to expire and PayPal will return the debited amount to your Account. This typically takes 30 calendar days.|
|Recipient Chooses||The Payment will expire in 10 days if the Recipient does not claim it.|
Limitation on Liability. The Bank will not be liable to you for Payments that are not properly completed in the following instances:
• If there is a hold on your Account, or if access to your Account is blocked, in accordance with banking policy. Please note that funds in the Account must be available in order to facilitate the transfer of Payment. Recent deposits made to your Account may not be available immediately. Please refer to the Availability to Withdrawal Funds section of the Consumer Terms & Conditions provided to you at Account opening.
• If your funds are subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting the transfer.
• If you have insufficient funds in your Account to complete the Payment.
• If your Payment authorization terminates by operation of law.
• If you believe someone has accessed your account(s) without your permission and you fail to notify the Bank as detailed in the Electronic Fund Transfers – Your Rights and Responsibilities section of the Internet Banking and Bill Pay Agreement and Disclosure.
• If we received incomplete or inaccurate information from you or a third party involving the Account or Payment instruction.
• If the Bank has a reasonable basis for believing that unauthorized use of your Internet Banking credentials or Account(s) has occurred or may be occurring.
• If you are in default of this People Pay Service Agreement/Disclosure and its terms and conditions or any other agreement you have with the Bank.
• If Recipient refuses to accept a payment,
• If the Bank, or you, terminate the Internet Banking and Bill Pay Service or suspend or terminate the People Pay Payment Service.
Insufficient Funds. You must reimburse the Bank immediately upon demand for any Payment completed for which your Account does not contain sufficient funds. Further, you must reimburse the Bank for any fees, including Overdraft fees, resulting from the Payment. We may report information about your Account, including Account mismanagement and defaults, to credit bureaus.
Payment Service Fees. A $0.99 fee will be charged to your account per payment. You understand and acknowledge that the use of the PayPal Service may result in a fee being applied to the Payment by PayPal. Such fees are governed by any agreements and disclosures provided by PayPal, and the Bank is not liable or responsible for such fees. Further, the Bank is not liable or responsible for any fees incurred by the Recipient or any other third-party in the Payment.
Payment Service Termination. Access to the Payment Service may be suspended or terminated by the Bank at any time. Your cancelation of the Bank's Internet Banking Service will also cancel your access to the People Pay Payment Service.
By enrolling in the Payment Service, you agree to the terms and conditions described in this People Pay Service Agreement/Disclosure and the Agreement related to the Internet Banking and Bill Pay Services. Please print a copy of this People Pay Service Agreement/Disclosure for your records and retain with your Internet Banking and Bill Pay Agreement.
Peoples National Bank Online Service E-Sign Disclosure and Consent
This Online Service E-Sign Disclosure and Consent ("Disclosure") applies to all Communications for those products, services and accounts offered or accessible through the Online Banking service, or a mobile application used to access the Online Banking service, that are not otherwise governed by the terms or conditions of an electronic disclosure and consent. Please note that consenting to receive Communications under this Disclosure will not automatically enroll you in Paperless Statements. You will be given the option to receive Peoples National Bank eStatements for each eligible Account. You will receive one more paper statement after electing to receive eStatements, and you will begin accruing a 24-month history of eStatements online. For combined statements, the primary account must be activated to allow eStatements. Your primary account is the first account presented on your combined statement.
The words "we," "us" and "our" mean Peoples National Bank, and the words "you" and "your" mean you, the individual who is identified on the Account as the owner or authorized signer on the Account(s) listed on the Customize Your Accounts screen. As used in this Agreement, "Account" means any account statement, authorization, agreement, disclosure, notice, or other information related to your Account including, but not limited to, information that we are required by law to provide in writing.
COMMUNICATIONS WE WILL PROVIDE TO YOU ELECTRONICALLY
You agree that we may provide you with any Communications relating to your Account(s) in electronic format, and that we may discontinue sending paper Communications to you. We will only provide Communications to you electronically unless and until you withdraw your consent as described below. Your consent to receive Communications electronically includes, but is not limited to:
- account statements and related Communications;
- notices or disclosures about a change or amendments in the terms of your Account(s) and
- privacy policies and privacy statements.
HOW WE WILL PROVIDE COMMUNICATIONS ELECTRONICALLY
All Communications will be provided to you electronically by one of the following ways:
- by Online Banking message center or e-mail at the most current address we have on record;
- by access to a Web site that we will identify in a Online Banking message center message;
- by e-mail notice we send to you at the time the information is available; or
- to the extent permissible by law, by access to a Web site that we will identify in advance for such purpose. You may view the e-mail address we have on file within the Change E-mail Address screen found in the Customer Service tab.
HOW YOU CAN WITHDRAW CONSENT
You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically for any of your Accounts by contacting us at 1-877-378-1909 or, for eStatements, by changing your Receive eStatements preferences found within your Online Banking Change Statement Delivery Method screen. We may treat an invalid e-mail address or the subsequent malfunction of a previously valid address as a withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications. We will not charge you a fee to process the withdrawal of your consent. If you withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications, the withdrawal will become effective only after we have a reasonable time to process your request.
If you close your primary account or uncheck Receive eStatements for your primary account, all Accounts included on that combined statement will revert to delivery of the Communications by the U.S. Postal Service. If you change an account's statement delivery method from "Online" to "Paper," you will lose access to any statements previously delivered online. You may want to save your online statements before making this change.
HOW TO REMOVE CONSENT ONLINE
If you no longer wish to receive eStatements for your account(s), you may revert to paper statements in Online Banking via one of these methods. 1 - Click on the Customer Service tab. Under the Account Maintenance menu, click on Change Statement Delivery Method, and choose "paper" from the drop-down menu. 2 - On the Statement Menu page, click on Change the Statement Delivery Method, and choose "paper" from the drop-down menu.
HOW YOU CAN UPDATE YOUR RECORDS
It is your responsibility to provide us with an accurate and complete e-mail address, contact, and other information related to this Disclosure and your Account(s). You must maintain and promptly update this information with any changes. You may update your e-mail address in the Customer Service tab of Online Banking. (Please see "How We Will Provide Communications Electronically" above.) To update all other information, please use the secure message center located in Online Banking or call us at 1-877-378-1909.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
In order to access, view, and retain electronic Disclosures, you must have:
- a personal computer, operating system and telecommunications connections to the Internet capable of receiving, accessing, displaying and either printing or storing Disclosures you receive from us electronically via a plain text formatted e-mail;
- by access to our Web site using one of the browsers specified below;
- an internet browser that meets our minimum requirements; and
- an e-mail account with an Internet service provider and the appropriate software.
- Adobe Reader installed on your computer to allow you to view files in PDF.
- a browser that supports the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and encryption technology.
Contact us to obtain current minimum browser requirements.
HOW TO REQUEST PAPER COPIES
To request a paper copy, contact us at 1-877-378-1909. You may incur a service charge for the delivery of paper copies of any Communications provided to you electronically pursuant to your authorization. We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to provide a paper (instead of electronic) copy of any Communication. We will not send you a paper copy of any Communication unless you request it or we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of a Communication provided to you electronically either by printing it yourself or by requesting that we mail you a paper copy. Such request must be made no later than seven years after we first provided the Communication to you electronically.
DISCLOSURES IN WRITING
All Communications we provide to you, regardless of the format, will be considered "in writing." You should print or download for your records a copy of this Disclosure and any other Communications you consider important.
APPLICATION OF FEDERAL LAW
You acknowledge and agree that your consent to receive Communications electronically is being provided in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("Act"), and that you and we both intend that the Act apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with you by electronic means.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to discontinue providing Communications to you electronically, or to change or terminate the terms and conditions under which we provide Communications electronically. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.
Electronic Fund Transfers - Your Rights & Responsibilities
Please read this disclosure carefully because it tells you your rights and obligations for these transactions. You should keep this notice for future reference.
TRANSACTION TYPES AND LIMITATIONS
Internet Banking Transactions
Access your accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week, using your User ID and Password to:
- pay bills (recurring or otherwise) from your checking account in the amount and on the days you request to third parties.
- to transfer funds between checking and savings accounts
- to transfer funds from your home equity line of credit to your checking or savings account
- to make payments from checking or savings to loan accounts with us
Get information about:
- account balance and transactional information on your checking or savings accounts
- account balance information on your CD, IRA or loan accounts
- activity statement on your checking or savings accounts
- deposits posted to your checking or savings accounts
- checks written that have cleared your checking account
- withdrawal from your savings account
- pending bill payments not yet cleared
Limitations on Frequency of Transfers
Transfers from a money market deposit account or a savings account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic transfer, telephone transfer, computer transfer, or by check, debit card or similar order to a third party are limited to six per month or statement cycle.
Limitations on Withdrawals
You cannot exceed the maximum bank limit of $24,999 in bill payments paid per day. Funds transferred after 7:00 p.m. CST may be processed the following day. Before transferring, verify available funds in your account. Please verify "transfer on date" before submitting your transfer.
- Direct deposits to any type of account are free.
- The right to access your accounts through Online Bankng is free.
- Our Bill Payment Service through Online Banking is free if you make one Bill Payment per month. A $5.00 inactivity fee will be charged to your account if you do not pay at least one bill during the month. (waived the first 3 months after enrollment.) Peoples National Bank may change the above rates with at least 30 days prior notice.
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION'S LIABILITY
Liability for failure to make transfers
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line.
- If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
We may disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us written permission.
- If your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
- If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
Contact in event of unauthorized transfer
If you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this disclosure.
ERROR RESOLUTION NOTICE
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this disclosure, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any).
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
- If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
- We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days for new accounts, point-of-sale or foreign-initiated transfers) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. For new accounts, we make take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within 3 business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
PEOPLES NATIONAL BANK OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
520. S. 42nd STREET
MT. VERNON, ILLINOIS 62864
Business Days: Monday through Friday - Excluding Federal Holidays