Online Banking Service Agreement / Disclosure
Toll-free telephone support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 877-378-1909. You may also contact customer service through "Contact Us" in the Message Center of Online Banking or you may send an email to [email protected]. This is not a secure email. Do not include personal information such as account numbers, social security numbers or any personally identifiable information. We generally respond to email within one business day of receipt.
Please print a copy of this disclosure to retain for your records
Processing days are Monday through Friday except for federal holidays. Federal holidays are generally those ten holidays observed by the Federal Reserve Bank. Transactions initiated on Saturday, Sunday or any federal holiday will be processed by Peoples National Bank on the next business day.
Transfers may be made between your Peoples National Bank accounts. All transfer relationships need to be setup by the bank prior to transfers being available. Our guaranteed processing cutoff time for transfers is 7pm CST.
You can use the Stop Payment Service to place a stop payment request for any check written on the account. (You cannot use this method to stop payment on transactions you have requested through any of the Online Banking Services.) When a stop payment request is made via Online Banking, this request shall be considered to be a written request and shall be effective for 6 months. Our guaranteed processing cutoff time for stop payments is 5pm CST. Stop Payments made after 5pm CST will be effective the next processing day. Standard stop payment fees apply to all Stop Payment Requests.
Termination of Service
For security purposes, Online Banking access may be terminated at any time.
From time to time, maintenance must be completed for Online Banking. You may experience the inability to log into Online Banking due to maintenance on Sundays from 2am till 4am. Additionally, you may experience the inability to use Bill Payment on Thursdays from 1am till 3am. These timeframes are reserved for maintenance as needed.
- Your wireless carrier's standard messaging rates apply to SMS correspondence. Peoples National Bank does not charge for any content; however, downloadable content may incur additional charges from your wireless carrier. Please contact your wireless carrier for information about your messaging plan. Your carrier may impose message or charge limitations on your account that are outside of our control. All charges are billed by and payable to your Wireless Carrier.
- You represent that you are the owner, or authorized user of the wireless device you use to receive the service, and that you are authorized to approve the applicable charges.
- We will send you a message only once, and only with your explicit agreement as indicated by your continuation of the process flow.
- We will not be liable for any delays or failures in your receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator and processing by your mobile device. SMS message services are provided on an AS IS, AS AVAILABLE basis.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your mobile phone number, your carrier's name, and the date, time, and content of your messages and other information that you may provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us, and to otherwise operate, develop, and improve the service. Your wireless carrier and other service providers may also collect data from your SMS usage, and their practices are governed by their own policies. We will only use the information you provide to the service to transmit your text message or as otherwise described in this document. Nonetheless, we reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, to avoid liability, or to protect our rights or property. When you complete forms online or otherwise provide us information in connection with the service, you agree to provide accurate, complete, and true information.
- The service as well as the content and materials received through the service are proprietary to us and our licensors, and is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You shall not damage, impair, interfere with, or disrupt the service or its functionality.
- The service is available only in the United States.
- We reserve the right to alter charges and/or these terms and conditions from time to time. We may suspend or terminate the service to you if we believe you are in breach of our terms and conditions. Your service is also subject to termination in the event your wireless service terminates or lapses. We may discontinue the service at any time.
- If you have any questions, email [email protected]. This is not a secure email. Do not include personal information such as account numbers, social security numbers or any personally identifiable information. We generally respond to email within one business day of receipt. You can also text the word HELP to 32858 to get additional information about the service. If you receive a message from us unexpectedly, you can text the word STOP to 32858. We do not charge for help or info messages; however, your normal carrier rates apply.
Bill Payment Service Agreement / Disclosure
Our Bill Payment Service through Online Banking is free if you make one bill payment per month. A $5.00 inactivity fee will be charged to your account if you do not pay at least one bill during the month. (waived the first 3 months after enrollment.) Peoples National Bank may change the above rates with at least 30 days prior notice. There is a fee of $9.95 for expedited electronic payment or $14.95 for overnight check.
You may electronically schedule payments in any amount not less than $1, or exceeding $24,999 through this system to any payee that generates a bill or invoice to you and that has an address. You may not make a payment of alimony, child support, taxes or other governmental fees or court directed payments through the system.
Expedited bill payments allows you to make an expedited payment to a payee. Depending on the recipient, payments may either be an electronic payment or an overnight check to the payee. For electronic transactions, delivery time may be same-day, next-day or later depending upon the time of day, the payee capabilities, and other factors. For overnight checks, payments initiated prior to the daily cutoff time will be delivered by the next business day.
Expedited electronic payments are available for a limited number of payees. Availability of expedited payment options will be limited based on biller capabilities, time of day, payment delivery mechanisms and other factors. Expedited overnight checks will be unavailable for delivery to PO Box addresses or locations in any foreign or U.S. territory outside of the contiguous 48 states and District of Columbia. The user is responsible for entering and verifying any address for overnight check payments to ensure it is correct and is specified as a valid overnight package address by the biller.
Due to the inherent need to expedite the payment, payment instructions will be processed and completed immediately upon submission of a request from a User. The User will not have the ability to edit or cancel the payment instructions after he has confirmed the payment request.
User Terms and Conditions
- User agrees to accurately follow product use instructions provided in the online help.
- User agrees to schedule bill payments (payment transaction date) at least five business days before the due date, not including any grace period.
- User agrees to provide correct payee name, address, account information and payment amounts.
- User agrees to maintain sufficient funds in funding account on the transaction date required. Before a payment is processed, we verify the balance of the funding account, including any funds from your Overdraft Arrangement. If the user does not have sufficient funds in the account on the date the payment is scheduled, the payment may be delayed or cancelled.
- User agrees to notify Peoples National Bank or its authorized agent no later than 60 days after User receives the first statement on which User believes a problem or error occurred.
- User acknowledges that Peoples National Bank or its authorized agent may require up to 45 days to investigate a complaint or question. Peoples National Bank or its authorized agent will use all reasonable efforts to resolve an issue within 3 business days. If an issue is reported orally, the User may be required to send the complaint or question in writing within 10 business days. If Peoples National Bank or its authorized agent needs more time, they will credit the User's account within 10 business days for the amount the User believes is in error. If we ask the User to put the complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit the account. If we determine there was no error, we will send a written explanation within 3 business days after the investigation is finished.
- This service may not be used to transmit alimony, child support or other court directed payments or tax payments.
External Transfer Service Agreement
The External Transfer Service Agreement (the “agreement”) supplements and constitutes a part of the Peoples National Bank Online Banking Service Agreement/Disclosure, and sets forth additional terms and conditions for use of the Peoples National Bank External Transfer services. You must enroll in Internet Banking and execute the Internet Banking Agreement before you can enroll in the External Transfer Service. To the extent there is conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the Internet Banking Service Agreement, the terms of this Agreement will govern your use of the External Transfer service. Further, by enrolling in the External Transfer service, you agree that the terms of this Agreement apply to your use of External Transfers and do not apply to other products, services, or transactions under the Internet Banking Agreement or any other Agreement you have entered into with Peoples National Bank (the “Bank”).
Within Online Banking, you have the option to participate in the External Transfer Service, which allows you to transfer funds between your eligible accounts at the Bank (checking, savings, and money market) and checking or savings accounts owned by you at other United States Financial Institutions, assuming that the transfer is permitted by your other financial institution and by law. You may only transfer funds between accounts where you are an owner of both accounts and the terms and conditions of the accounts allow deposits and/or withdrawals of the type you are initiating. To enroll an External Account in the Service, you will need to know the account type (i.e. checking or savings), the routing number, and the account number of the external account. Once the external transfer account information has been submitted, the Bank will conduct two small transactions (under $1) to validate the external account information. This process generally takes between one and three business days. You will need to verify the exact amounts of the small transactions by reviewing the account history of the external account. Once the external transfer account has been verified, it is available for External transfer transactions.If you need to access an external loan for the purposes of external transfer, please contact the Bank for assistance as you will not be able to setup a loan account within Online Banking.
For outgoing transfers, as long as funds are available the funds will be debited from your Peoples National Bank account on the Business Day for which you request the transfer to be made (“the scheduled date”) and typically will be credited to the External Account on the second or third business day after the transfer’s scheduled date. If sufficient funds are not available to complete the external transfer, the transaction will not occur.
For incoming transfers, the funds will be credited to your Peoples National Bank account on the next business day, but may not be available for use until we receive the funds from the other financial institution. This may take up to 4 business days.
The cutoff time to process an External Transfer is 6 p.m. Central Time, on business days. Any transfer initiated after the applicable cutoff time will be considered as being initiated on the next Business Day.
One time future dated or recurring transfers scheduled for a weekend or a non-business day will be processed on the next business day.
External transfers are subject to the following dollar limits and we may change these limits at any time for any reason without further notice:
- Per transaction limit – $2,500
- Daily aggregate limit - $2,500
- Monthly aggregate limit - $10,000
You will be able to setup three external accounts to be used to perform external transfers within Online Banking.
Please refer to the Deposit Agreement for information regarding monthly transaction limits for savings and money market accounts.
Your Responsibility for Errors
You understand that the Bank must rely on the information provided by you and you authorize the Bank to act on any instruction which has been or reasonably appears to have been sent by you, to submit External Transfers on your behalf. You understand that financial institutions receiving the transfer instructions may rely on such information. The Bank Is not obliged to take any further steps to confirm or authenticate such instructions and will act on them without getting further confirmation. You understand that if you provide the Bank with incorrect information or if there is any error in your instruction we will make all reasonable efforts to reverse or delete such instructions, but you accept full responsibility for losses resulting from any of your errors, duplication, ambiguities or fraud in the information that you provide. You agree not to impersonate any person or use a name that you are not authorized to use. If any information you provide is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, without limiting other remedies, the Bank reserves the right to recover from you any costs or losses incurred as a direct or indirect result of the inaccurate or incomplete information.
The external bank will have up to 60 days to return transactions to us under if the account holder claims that the transaction is unauthorized or revokes the authorization. Any items returned to us will be posted to your account. You agree to be liable to cover any debit entries that have been returned to us.
There is no fee for use of this service. Peoples National Bank reserves the right to change the fees or other terms described in this Agreement, as set forth in the Internet Banking Agreement.
Cancelling a Transfer
Transfers may be cancelled up until the cut-off time on the scheduled date. Within Online Banking, you can view your scheduled external transfers that have not completed processing, there will be the option to either edit or delete the transfer. If the transfer is a recurring transfer, then you may cancel the entire transfer plan as long as the request is received before the Process date of the next recurring transfer. Once the recurring transfer is cancelled, all future transfers will also be cancelled and you must reschedule the recurring transfer if you want transfer to be made in the future.
Termination of Service
If, at any time, you wish to terminate your use of the service for any or all enrolled External Accounts, you will need to discontinue use of the service and cancel any scheduled transactions, whether one-time or recurring transactions.
Online Documents Agreement / Disclosure
Peoples National Bank Online Service E-Sign Disclosure and Consent
This Online Service E-Sign Disclosure and Consent ("Disclosure") applies to all Communications for those products, services and accounts offered or accessible through the Online Banking service, or a mobile application used to access the Online Banking service, that are not otherwise governed by the terms or conditions of an electronic disclosure and consent. Please note that consenting to receive Communications under this Disclosure will not automatically enroll you in Paperless Statements or Notices. You will be given the option to receive Peoples National Bank eStatements or Notices for each eligible Account. You will receive one more paper statement after electing to receive eStatements, and you will begin accruing a 24-month history of eStatements online. For combined statements, the primary account must be activated to allow eStatements. Your primary account is the first account presented on your combined statement.
The words "we," "us" and "our" mean Peoples National Bank, and the words "you" and "your" mean you, the individual who is identified on the Account as the owner or authorized signer on the Account(s) listed on the Customize Your Accounts screen. As used in this Agreement, "Account" means any account statement, authorization, agreement, disclosure, notice, or other information related to your Account including, but not limited to, information that we are required by law to provide in writing.
Communications We Will Provide To You Electronically
You agree that we may provide you with any Communications relating to your Account(s) in electronic format, and that we may discontinue sending paper Communications to you. We will only provide Communications to you electronically unless and until you withdraw your consent as described below. Your consent to receive Communications electronically includes, but is not limited to:
- account statements, notices and related Communications;
- notices or disclosures about a change or amendments in the terms of your Account(s) and
- privacy policies and privacy statements.
How We Will Provide Communications Electronically
All Communications will be provided to you electronically by one of the following ways:
- by Online Banking message center or email at the most current address we have on record;
- by access to a Web site that we will identify in an Online Banking message center message;
- by email notice we send to you at the time the information is available; or
- to the extent permissible by law, by access to a Web site that we will identify in advance for such purpose. You may view the email address we have on file within the Change Email Address screen found in the Customer Service tab.
How You Can Withdraw Consent
You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically for any of your Accounts by contacting us at 877-378-1909 or, for eStatements and notices, by changing your preferences found within your Online Banking Change Document Delivery Method screen. We may treat an invalid email address or the subsequent malfunction of a previously valid address as a withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications. We will not charge you a fee to process the withdrawal of your consent. If you withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications, the withdrawal will become effective only after we have a reasonable time to process your request.
If you close your primary account or uncheck Receive eStatements for your primary account, all Accounts included on that combined statement will revert to delivery of the Communications by the U.S. Postal Service. If you change an account's statement delivery method from "Online" to "Paper," you will lose access to any statements previously delivered online. You may want to save your online statements before making this change.
How To Remove Consent Online
If you no longer wish to receive documents electronically for your account(s), you may revert to paper statements in Online Banking via one of these methods. 1 - Click on the Customer Service tab. Under the Account Maintenance menu, click on Change Document Delivery Method, and choose "paper" from the drop-down menu. 2 - On the Online Documents Menu page, click on Change the Document Delivery Method, and choose "paper" from the drop-down menu.
How You Can Update Your Records
It is your responsibility to provide us with an accurate and complete email address, contact, and other information related to this Disclosure and your Account(s). You must maintain and promptly update this information with any changes. You may update your email address in the Customer Service tab of Online Banking. (Please see "How We Will Provide Communications Electronically" above.) To update all other information, please use the secure message center located in Online Banking or call us at 877-378-1909.
Hardware and Software Requirements
In order to access, view, and retain electronic Disclosures, you must have:
- a personal computer, operating system and telecommunications connections to the Internet capable of receiving, accessing, displaying and either printing or storing Disclosures you receive from us electronically via a plain text formatted e-mail;
- by access to our Web site using one of the browsers specified below;
- an internet browser that meets our minimum requirements; and
- an email account with an Internet service provider and the appropriate software.
- Adobe Reader installed on your computer to allow you to view files in PDF.
- a browser that supports the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and encryption technology.
Contact us to obtain current minimum browser requirements.
How to Request Paper Copies
To request a paper copy, contact us at 877-378-1909. You may incur a service charge for the delivery of paper copies of any Communications provided to you electronically pursuant to your authorization. We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to provide a paper (instead of electronic) copy of any Communication. We will not send you a paper copy of any Communication unless you request it or we otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of a Communication provided to you electronically either by printing it yourself or by requesting that we mail you a paper copy. Such request must be made no later than seven years after we first provided the Communication to you electronically.
Disclosures in Writing
All Communications we provide to you, regardless of the format, will be considered "in writing." You should print or download for your records a copy of this Disclosure and any other Communications you consider important.
Application of Federal Law
You acknowledge and agree that your consent to receive Communications electronically is being provided in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act ("Act"), and that you and we both intend that the Act apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business with you by electronic means.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to discontinue providing Communications to you electronically, or to change or terminate the terms and conditions under which we provide Communications electronically. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.
Mobile Banking Service Agreement / Disclosure
Electronic Fund Transfers – Your Rights & Responsibilities
Please read this disclosure carefully because it tells you your rights and obligations for these transactions. You should keep this notice for future reference.
Transaction Types and Limitations
Internet Banking Transactions
Access your accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week, using your User ID and Password to:
- pay bills (recurring or otherwise) from your checking account in the amount and on the days you request to third parties.
- to transfer funds between checking and savings accounts
- to transfer funds from your home equity line of credit to your checking or savings account
- to make payments from checking or savings to loan accounts with us
Get information about:
- account balance and transactional information on your checking or savings accounts
- account balance information on your CD, IRA or loan accounts
- activity statement on your checking or savings accounts
- deposits posted to your checking or savings accounts
- checks written that have cleared your checking account
- withdrawal from your savings account
- pending bill payments not yet cleared
Limitations on Frequency of Transfers
Transfers from a money market deposit account or a savings account to another account or to third parties by preauthorized, automatic transfer, telephone transfer, computer transfer, or by check, debit card or similar order to a third party are limited to six per month or statement cycle.
Limitations on Withdrawals
You cannot exceed the maximum bank limit of $24,999 in bill payments paid per day. Funds transferred after 7:00 p.m. CST may be processed the following day. Before transferring, verify available funds in your account. Please verify "transfer on date" before submitting your transfer.
- Direct deposits to any type of account are free.
- The right to access your accounts through Online Banking is free.
- Our Bill Payment Service through Online Banking is free if you make one Bill Payment per month. A $5.00 inactivity fee will be charged to your account if you do not pay at least one bill during the month. (waived the first 3 months after enrollment.) Peoples National Bank may change the above rates with at least 30 days prior notice.
Financial Institution's Liability
Liability for failure to make transfers
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- If, through no fault of ours, you do not have enough money in your account to make the transfer.
- If the transfer would go over the credit limit on your overdraft line.
- If the terminal or system was not working properly and you knew about the breakdown when you started the transfer.
- If circumstances beyond our control (such as fire or flood) prevent the transfer, despite reasonable precautions that we have taken.
- There may be other exceptions stated in our agreement with you.
We may disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you make:
- Where it is necessary for completing transfers; or
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant; or
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders; or
- If you give us written permission.
- If your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
- If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
Contact in event of unauthorized transfer
If you believe your card and/or code has been lost or stolen or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this disclosure.
Error Resolution Notice
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers, call or write us at the telephone number or address listed in this disclosure, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and account number (if any).
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
- If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
- We will tell you the results of our investigation within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days (90 days for new accounts, point-of-sale or foreign-initiated transfers) to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. For new accounts, we make take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation within 3 business days after we finish our investigation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
PEOPLES NATIONAL BANK OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT
520. S. 42nd STREET
MT. VERNON, ILLINOIS 62864
Business Days: Monday through Friday - Excluding Federal Holidays